This post demonstrate how to use SpeakerDeck to embed your power point presentation into your blog. You can also share somebody elses presentation via SpeakerDeck.
SlideShare vs SpeakerDeck
- Can upload PowerPoint, OpenDoc, and PDF presentations.
- Presentations upto 300 MB and Video upto 500 MB.
- Mobile friendly, large community, owned by LinkedIn.
- Contains a transcript of written content in slides
- Provides complete fullscreen experience
- Offers free presentation analytics, who used, how many etc.
- Can only upload PDF presentations
- Speaker Deck only allows PDFs up to 50 MB. No video.
- Speaker Deck produces a smaller fullscreen image per slide
- Has a minimalist design. It’s built as a no frills, but elegant service.
- Shows no ads.
- Allows sharing by slide.
- Is owned by GitHub.
- Is used primarily by the tech community. focussed content
High Level Steps Are:
- Create a SpeakerDeck account.
- Upload your power point presentation, Keep it public.
- Go to presentation, click on Share button to get embedded code.
- From presentation copy and paste embedded code to your blog.
Following generated script was embedded in html code to render previous SpeakerDeck frame.
<script async class="speakerdeck-embed" data-id="5c499bf3c2fe44ae87fa899e227be7a3" data-ratio="1.33333333333333" src="//speakerdeck.com/assets/embed.js"></script>